Friday, April 23, 2010

Весна

The title of this post means, "spring." While it doesn't feel too springy today, we have been having some warmer weather, sunshine, and I'm finally seeing some leaves starting to appear on some of the trees! We saw some tulip leaves coming up in the park, too. Yesterday morning, Lydia had her spring celebration at preschool. It's so fun to watch her and the other kids singing and dancing. Here are some pictures:


I have some video clips of the program too, but I'll post those after I get them all uploaded to youtube.
Of course, since I haven't posted anything for a while, I need to catch up again. During the first week of April, we had some friends from Germany come to visit. On the Saturday night before Easter, Aaron took one of the ladies to an Orthodox church, to experience the easter service. They found it quite interesting. I would have gone too, but it would have been way to late for Lydia and Birdie. They start a little before midnight, and as part of the service, they march around the church. Then, right at midnight, they enter the church. The priest says, "Christ is risen," to which the people respond, "Risen indeed!" I have never seen it in person, but they televise the service from a large church in Moscow, and I have watched that. Here are some pictures Aaron took, and again, I'll post some videos once I get them all uploaded.

And, we have some fun family pictures...
Reading together! Gotta watch Birdie though- she thinks books are just as much fun to eat as they are to read!

Lydia had fun decorating Birdie with letters.

Birdie isn't crawling yet, but she has really started to scoot herself around on her belly. In this picture, she somehow got her foot stuck in her shape sorter!

No comments: