Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm in the paper!

Here's something fun! My picture was published in a newspaper here on Monday! It was in a free weekly publication put out by the city that you can pick up at metro stations, train stations, and other places. Here is the link: http://www.spbdnevnik.ru/?show=article&id=7185 Last week a photographer stopped me on the street while I was walking with Lydia and Birdie, and he asked if he could take our picture. He said he needed a picture of a young mother with young children for this paper. I was surpised that it was actually published. I didn't know what the article would be about either- it's about the number of unemployed women and jobs that are available. So, the photographer said he wanted a picture of a pretty young women, but maybe it was really that I looked unemployed! :)

In other news... Here are some pictures of Lydia sledding the other day. I like the way the sky looks in the first picture- dark with sunlight shining under it.




Birdie "hanging out" in her jumpy swing.


Here's a video of Birdie telling us what a sheep says! She already was making the sound, and we just helped her connect it to the question we asked her.

No comments: