Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day!

Today is the big first day! Aaron's first "real" day of school (yesterday was just an orientation day for the students), and Lydia's first day of preschool! Here is a sight I may be seeing more often now :) ...

I'm so proud of Lydia, for how well she did when I dropped her off at preschool (in Russian it's called "dyetsky sad," which means "kindergarten"). She went right to her locker to put her stuff in, and change into her "inside shoes." And when I said goodbye, she was smiling, holding her teacher's hand, and walking off to her classroom! I was so glad she didn't cry- that would have been hard on me! I dropped her off at 8:00 this morning, and today I'll pick her up at 10. I wanted her to just have a couple of hours today to get used to it. Eventually I'll let her stay until right after lunch. She'll get breakfast and lunch there.

Our morning routine went pretty smoothly. We all had to get up a lot earlier than we have been! Aaron and I got up at 6, and I fed Birdie and started getting ready. Birdie cooperated nicely by sitting happily in her bouncy seat while I got ready. Then I got Lydia up at 7:15, she got dressed, and we were out the door by 7:50. Thankfully, the preschool is just a short walk away. Here's Lydia waking up for her big day. Her first words after saying good morning were, "The darkness went away really fast!"


Ready to go:
Heading out the door. (You can also see her "new" bike in the corner that we bought from some friends. She hasn't gotten to try it yet- we have to find a pump to fill the tires):

At the door of the preschool:
Standing by her locker:
And just for fun, some super cute pics of Birdie!

The girls:
Time to go pick Lydia up and see how her first day went!

No comments: