Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year and Bangs!

Happy New Year!  "Bangs" could be referring to the sound of fireworks that we heard all night on new year's eve, but I'm actually referring to the hair kind of bangs.  Lydia has been begging for me to cut bangs for her for a long time, and I finally decided to do it.  I kind of liked her hair without them, but since she really seemed sure she wanted them, we went ahead with it today.  And since big sis was getting bangs, Birdie certainly wanted them too!  I discovered that cutting bangs straight isn't as easy as it looks (even after I watched a YouTube video on how to do it)!  So they're not perfect, and I learned a little for next time, but Lydia was beside herself with joy over her beautiful bangs.  She couldn't stop thanking me!  And I decided that my little girls are super cute either way!  Here are the before & after shots:

Before:

 After:


 And even though Elliot didn't get a haircut, I'll throw in a picture of him from today too.  He's having "tummy time," supposedly to strengthen his neck muscles, but he was too happy just relaxing and sucking on his fist.

1 comment:

Grandma / Poppaw said...

Love the bangs! Lydia looks so grown up! And, Birdie should love not having as much hair hanging over her face. Just want to give sweet Elliot a big grandma hug!!